cocorosa-engaged-1I got engaged to the love of my life and my best friend, Joey! I’m sooooo happy and soooo excited! I got engaged on September 23rd and wanted to wait with the announcement until we would have picked a wedding date. Truth is … we still haven’t picked a date yet but it looks like it will be in a little over a year or year and a half (still deciding between a Winter wedding or a Spring wedding) I have already started collecting inspiration and ideas and can’t wait to go full nuts on planning and details! Since we are an overseas/ trans-atlantic couple (I’m Dutch and Joey is American) some things are a bit… well.. challenging. Opening a wedding registry is a bit harder for example since the website redirects to either a US site or an European site and we would have to do a lot of the planning apart of each other but it will be fun either way and most of all an amazing time! xoxo

cocorosa-engagement-thumbcocorosa-engagement-2engaged-1 engaged-2

29 Comments on I got engaged!

1. Ylenia
    October 17, 2014 at 1:04 pm (3 years ago)

That’s wonderful news! Congratulations on this new stage <3
    Can't wait to see all the future wedding-themed posts on your blog 🙂

2. Nora
    October 17, 2014 at 1:43 pm (3 years ago)

Yayyy congratulations!! You will be such a beautiful and ethereal bride – congratulations on being engaged to your loved one!! 🙂

I got married about two weeks ago and we are also a transatlantic couple… My families are in Indonesia and his in UK and we are currently living in Australia. The most important thing is to get a registry in one country or get people to get you gift cards from specific shops.

And also if you are getting married in a third country (where both parents aren’t living in) make sure you realise that they will not be able to help you at all. I was very stressed when both sides of the families arrived in Australia and I had to take them around while still doing wedding errands! And they will probably be quite useless on the day too ahahahah so please be prepared for some of those stress. The key is having friends who are willing to help with your families 🙂

I won’t go on and on about this but if you want to know more let me know!! Email me!

3. Romzs
    October 17, 2014 at 2:07 pm (3 years ago)

Congratulations!! <3 And may I say, what lovely engagement ring you have. It's very you! 🙂

4. Macarena
    October 17, 2014 at 3:50 pm (3 years ago)

Congratulations!! The ring is perfect for you ^^
    Xx.

5. Noemi
    October 17, 2014 at 5:13 pm (3 years ago)

Congratulations!

6. Nat
    October 17, 2014 at 5:53 pm (3 years ago)

Congrats, girl! If you’re looking for a wedding photographer take a look at my website 🙂 I’m sure you will like our style!

7. Camilla - Scent of Fashion
    October 17, 2014 at 11:21 pm (3 years ago)

Yaaay congratulations! That ring is so beautiful. I’m looking forward to seeing more wedding posts <3

8. Belen
    October 18, 2014 at 1:31 am (3 years ago)

cute!! congratulations :)))!!! everything will work out fine!
    Xo, Belen from A Hint of Life

9. Saray
    October 18, 2014 at 7:15 am (3 years ago)

congrats!!!!!!!!!:)

10. Laura
    October 18, 2014 at 12:27 pm (3 years ago)

Oh Chantal!! This are amazing news 😀 I’m so happy for you two; Joey and you make the perfect couple ^^

11. Caetera Moda
    October 18, 2014 at 6:58 pm (3 years ago)

So sweeeet and lovely ! Congratulations ! Spread love everywhere !!!
    xx

12. Lindsey Salzer
    October 18, 2014 at 10:27 pm (3 years ago)

Oh my goodness! HUGE CONGRATS! 🙂 Wish you the best ! <3

13. Caroline
    October 21, 2014 at 12:33 pm (3 years ago)

Ow congratulations ! I usually don’t post comments, but it’s a special occasion 😉 your ring is so lovely and delicate !!

14. Michele Gates
    October 22, 2014 at 4:22 pm (3 years ago)

I am so happy for the two of you! I look forward to seeing you again.

15. Miglė
    October 22, 2014 at 9:07 pm (3 years ago)

Congratulations! I’m sure your wedding will be amazingly beautiful 🙂 x

16. Anami
    November 2, 2014 at 4:46 pm (3 years ago)

Wonderful news! Enjoy every moment of it, it is such an amazing period with all the excitement and preparations. I’ve gone through it recently, just celebrated our 1st month “anniversary” of our wedding, and I loved every step of the road leading to the altar.
    Wishing you all the best 🙂
    Anami, xx

17. Beatriz
    November 29, 2014 at 10:29 pm (2 years ago)

Lovely and so delicate ring! The picture where you are wearing the ring with all the tulle around is just perfect. I’m looking forward to see posts of sneak peeks of your bride to be journey. Congrats! | peoniesncream.com | instagram: @peoniesncream