VelvetHomeDecor

One of the biggest (and somewhat understated) Home Decor trends of the moment is velvet! Velvet makes every home and apartment look glamorous and gorgeous by using it in furniture like sofa’s, ottomans and chairs and accents like pillows, throws and (velvet sheen) rugs. My favorite colors for velvet in home decor are soft pink, cream, grey, bright green and mystical purple hues as these go beautifully well with gold and copper metallics! I’m so lusting after these beautiful (anthropologie) velvet sofa’s! xoxo

VelvetHomeDecor-1

image credits; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

22 Comments on Home Decor Trend / Velvet

1. Amber
    November 19, 2015 at 11:12 pm (3 years ago)

I adore this trend, and all of the bright pieces you’ve found! Velvet just looks so sweet!

Amber | y a c h t s m a a n

• Kim
      July 21, 2017 at 6:16 pm (11 months ago)

I’m happy to see this is popular again. My grandmother gave me a beautiful pink couch similar to the picture 40 years ago. Alot people couldn’t understand why I loved that couch. It’s nice to know there are some people who get it.

• Harry
      January 19, 2018 at 6:19 pm (5 months ago)

We are from India sourcing and inspection agent we provide u best price with good quality furniture pls mail me on harry@dssourcinginc.com Thanks

2. Laura Halpenny
    November 20, 2015 at 12:38 am (3 years ago)

So cozy haha! I can’t wait until I have a place to decorate!

3. Macarena
    November 20, 2015 at 11:32 am (3 years ago)

Ohhh! The velvet sofas are amazing! I love them, above all the light pink <3

Xx

4. Elizabeth
    November 21, 2015 at 5:20 am (3 years ago)

Grazie per la condivisione, davvero belle immagini

5. Milla
    November 21, 2015 at 4:04 pm (3 years ago)

It is always very inspiring. I love decorating. I love the velvet on the couch

6. Milla
    November 21, 2015 at 4:04 pm (3 years ago)

It is always very inspiring. I love decorating. I love the velvet on the couch!!

7. Olivia
    November 21, 2015 at 5:10 pm (3 years ago)

OMG I love this style of decor! Love the colour with that velvet texture. xx

8. debbie
    June 25, 2016 at 2:10 am (2 years ago)

I LOVE the soft pink Chesterfield; anyone know where to get it? I also like the deep purple one. : )

9. Vera
    February 17, 2017 at 12:23 am (1 year ago)

I find here by Pinterest, so not sure which country you are based? I’m in Australia.

10. Angela
    April 9, 2017 at 11:17 pm (1 year ago)

Perhaps the worst fabric to use for seating. Rubs are a testing phrase used by furniture upholstery for how many times you can get up and down from your chair, sofa until the fabric wears away. You want 200,000rubs minimum. A better fabric is mohair Knoll, HBF, wears like iron. Sometimes called iron cloth.The velvet must be a high grade with backing or you will have marks lighter colored in the most used area. Another way is to do velvet back, sides surround and seat and back in a different fabric. One that wears better. Or go for mohair.

11. click
    October 11, 2017 at 9:33 pm (8 months ago)

I pay a quick visit day-to-day a few web pages and blogs to read posts, however this
    weblog gives quality based articles.

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Home Decor Trend / Velvet