It’s almost Valentines Day! So time for a little project 😉 I absolutely love gift crates, it’s such a nice touch to presenting gifts and they are so easy to make. Perfect for V-Day for gifting your besties, sisters, moms, yourself (ha!) (or showing this post to your boyfriend husband for hints..hint hint hint) My crate is a Paris themed Valentines Day Crate with lots of pinks, golds and paper items (because I love note books, books and cards) It’s very easy to work with any theme and any item basically but here are my tips and tricks for making a crate fabulous!
- Find a crate or box and brown paper filling frills (paper), most hobby stores have these but you can find them at your local super market too!
- Scrunch up tissue paper to create levels in the box! and spread out the brown frillings on top of it. When you lay things in your box without these it will look flat, the tissue paper creates that lifted bulky effect 😉
- You can make any box look Valentine ready with touches of Red! Since I worked with pink and gold colors I used red heart shaped confetti and red heart shaped candy to spread through the box. Another idea is to paint the box itself red 😉
- Flowers, a box of chocolates, candy and/or a bottle of wine make for the perfect finishing touch to your crate! (plus these items are red!)
- My crate is a combination of typical Valentine items (Like these selections) in my case the “La La Love You Pouch” and the “Love Soap” mixed with regular gifts (A Paris Art Print, candle and book) All found at Papyrus. Mixing typical V-Day gifts with regular items makes a gift crate less “obvious” and more sophisticated. xoxo
Items in my box: Paris Art Print, Paris in Color book, Gardenia Candle, La La love you zipper pouch, Love soap, this card and Eberjey PJ’s