I’m so excited to have teamed up with JCPenney to showcase a trendy, effortlessly chic Spring look and offer some of my fashion tips or when it comes to pairing affordable JCPenney pieces with higher-end designer items.
As most of you surely know, JCPenney is a go-to destination to purchase stylish and affordable pieces including this Worthington dress that retails for $34.99. I really love this dress because it has both of my favorite April trends; Ruffles and a bold open shoulder plus the dress is not only pretty but also practical, is not too short, allows for a bra to wear underneath it (somehow these days that’s rare) and has pockets, a win win dress for me! The dress is pretty, polished and clean thanks to the shirting inspired fabric and details. A great On-Trend alternative to this dress (for those of you not into dresses) is a ruffled top with bold shoulders, which can be styled with jeans and gorgeous designer heels or crisp clean sneakers for a stylish trendy look.
And now up to my tips on how you mix and match JCPenney with higher-end designer pieces!
1) Pay attention to fabrics, fit and colors. I always try to stick to cottons and wools and avoid synthetics as much as possible. I stick to colors that compliment my skin and hair color even if that means that I sometimes have to skip on a fabulous color, Sometimes I go a size bigger to create some high-end designer flair, I do so with trousers, coats and sometimes dresses.
2) Iron clothes! I know it sounds silly, for some it’s a must and for others annoying (I hate ironing or steaming my clothes) but the truth is that when an item looks crisp and clean you are well on your way towards a polished chic look.
3) Accessories! I splurge on mid to high-end designer shoes, bags and sunnies and not so much on designer clothes. A good bag, designer heels or super fab sunnies or a trendy belt can elevate anything into gorgeous looks.
4) You can use designer accessories sparingly, they aren’t ornaments after all, ha. In my look I wear a tiny designer bag and designer sunnies but paired the dress with simple sneakers to keep the look fresh, playful and effortless.
5) Keep it simple, think of your item as if it were an expensive designer piece, would you over style it or show it off by keeping distractions away? Yup, you would keep it simple and make sure that all other items compliment your piece whether it’s a dress, top or trousers, it’s a bit of “pretend play” or “fake it till you make it” 😉
Shopping at JCPenney is always worth my time, money and effort with styles that are priced to buy and guaranteed to love like my new gorgeous dress plus the Sephora Inside JCPenney is such a convenient go-to shop for my beauty needs, whether I’m looking for everyday makeup essentials or special occasion looks. xoxo
In collaboration with JCPenney.